TERMS OF REGISTRATION AND ATTENDANCE FOR ALATION EVENTS
Last Updated: October 26, 2023
In registering for an Alation event (“Event”), as a participant or attendee (“Attendee”), you agree to the following terms and conditions (collectively, the "Agreement") with Alation, Inc. ("Alation"). If you are completing this registration on behalf of another individual, you warrant that you have made that Attendee aware of this Agreement and that he or she has accepted these terms and conditions.
1. Registration. Attendees are required to register for the Event following the instructions provided at the time of registration.
2. Badges. Registration badges must be worn by Attendees at all times during the Event. Access to the Event will not be granted to you without proper credentials. If you lose, misplace, or forget your name badge, a replacement fee may be charged for the creation of a new registration badge. Once the new registration badge is released to you, the lost badge will become invalid.
3. Event Code of Conduct. By registering for and participating in the Event, you agree to comply with all applicable federal, state, and local laws and ordinances, including any such applicable laws preventing harassment or discrimination, or that protect privacy rights, as well as any Alation policies and procedures as set forth in this Agreement or as may otherwise be provided to you by Alation in connection with the Event. You agree to act with professionalism during the Event, and to treat all other Attendees with mutual respect.
If an Attendee engages in behavior that violates these rules or who behaves in an unsafe or careless manner while attending the Event, Alation may take any action that we, in our sole discretion, deem appropriate, including warning the Attendee, excluding the participant from certain activities, prohibiting the Attendee from attending future events organized by Alation, expelling the Attendee from the event without refund of any prior paid fees, banning the Attendee from online forums or other similar interactive Alation events or platforms, and other similar type experiences.
4. Personal Release for Use of Image/Likeness. Photography and audio or video recording may occur at the Event by or on behalf of Alation, including by Sponsors (as defined below). You hereby grant to Alation and Sponsors, as well as their authorized representatives, the absolute right and permission to use or share any such photographs or recordings containing your image, likeness, or voice, as well as associated biographical or contact information, in connection with any advertising or promotional content, program or material for the Event, Alation, or for any other lawful purpose, including posting on public websites or in any other media whether existing now or hereinafter developed. You further agree that you shall have no rights of review or approval, no claim to compensation, and no claim arising out of or resulting from the use or modification of such materials. Alation does not undertake any obligation to use your image, name or likeness, or any exercise of its rights granted herein.
5. Event Programs and Capacity. Alation reserves the right to modify the Event program and schedule, which is published for informational purposes only. Alation does not guarantee and reserves the right to refuse, at its sole discretion, admittance to any specific event, session, or keynote. Unless specified otherwise, all events, keynotes and sessions are seated on a first-come first-served basis and Alation will have no liability to Attendees who are unable to attend a full session.
6. Disclaimer of Warranties. Alation makes no warranties of any kind in respect of any aspect of the Event or any materials related thereto or offered at the Event and, to the fullest extent possible under the laws governing this Agreement, disclaims all implied warranties, including but not limited to warranties of fitness for a particular purpose, accuracy, timeliness, and merchantability. The Event (and related materials) are provided on an "as-is" basis. Alation does not accept any responsibility or liability for reliance by you or any Attendee on any aspect of the Event or any information provided at the Event.
The Event may allow you to interact with Event sponsors and Alation partners (“Sponsors”). If you interact with a Sponsor, such as by scanning your registration badge at the Sponsor’s booth, providing your business card to the Sponsor, or attending a Sponsor-hosted session, you consent to the Sponsor collecting information about you (which could be personally identifiable) associated with your badge, business card, or otherwise provided by you during the registration process. You further agree that the Sponsor may retain and use your information to contact you with information about the Event, the Sponsor’s products and services, and other information that the Sponsor thinks would be of interest to you. Please note that the Sponsor’s use of your information will be in accordance with the Sponsor’s privacy policies and terms, and not Alation’s. Please request this information from the Sponsor if you have questions about their data protection practices. If you do not want your information shared with a Sponsor, please do not swipe your badge or provide information to that Sponsor.
8. Limitation of Liability. To the extent permitted by applicable law: (i) Alation will not be liable to you for any indirect, special, incidental, or consequential costs, damages or losses arising directly or indirectly from the Event or other aspect related thereto or in connection with this Agreement; and (ii) the aggregate liability of Alation for any direct claim in any way connected with, or arising from, the Event or this Agreement, whether in contract, tort, or otherwise (including any negligent act or omission), will be limited to the amount paid by you to Alation under this Agreement.
9. Indemnification. You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless Alation and the Event space and their respective affiliates, employees, officers, directors, and agents from and against all third-party claims, losses, or damages to persons or property, governmental charges or fines, and costs (including reasonable attorney’s fees) arising out of or in connection with your attendance and conduct at the Event.
10. Governing Law; Venue. This Agreement is governed by the laws of the State of California, without reference to conflict of laws principles. You hereby consent to the personal jurisdiction of the state and federal courts located in the county and state the Event takes place for any suit or action arising from or related to this Agreement and you waive any right to object to the venue of such courts.
11. General. Alation’s failure to exercise any right shall not be deemed a waiver of any further rights. Alation will not be liable for any failure to perform its obligations where such failure results from any cause beyond Alation’s reasonable control. If any provision herein is, for any reason, held to be invalid or unenforceable, the other provisions will remain unimpaired and the invalid or unenforceable provision will be deemed modified so that it is valid and enforceable to the maximum extent permitted by law. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between Alation and you in relation to the Event and supersedes all prior and contemporaneous terms, agreements, proposals, or representations, whether written or oral, with respect to the subject matter herein. No part of this Agreement will be superseded or governed by any master services agreement or other agreement between Alation and you relating to the use of Alation’s products or services.