New cloud-native architecture meets growing demand for flexible deployment
Redwood City, Calif. – October 6, 2020 – Alation Inc., the leader in enterprise data intelligence solutions, today announced Alation 2020.3, a new release of its flagship data intelligence platform that helps organizations drive data culture and reflects the company’s commitment to provide customers with flexibility across the full range of cloud deployment options. Alation 2020.3 debuts with an updated naming convention and a new quarterly software release cadence that delivers new and enhanced features to customers on a more frequent basis.
Alation 2020.3 includes:
- New user experience: a new, consumer-grade user interface that is more intuitive and easier to use, faceted search that helps users pinpoint information more quickly, and a new, brandable homepage that allows enterprises to deploy a catalog that matches their own corporate and data culture initiative branding
- Enhanced analytics: a new version of Alation Analytics that helps organizations track data catalog adoption and measure data culture, and pre-packed, out-of-the box reports that provide a deeper understanding of usage patterns and engagement to drive data culture
- New cloud-native architecture: a new, containerized architecture that provides flexible and scalable deployment options to meet growing adoption and usage demands as data catalogs evolve into platforms to support a broad range of data intelligence use cases
“Alation 2020.3 supports us in establishing a data culture throughout our organization,” said Andreas Haehre, Head of Information Governance, Vattenfall. “With its Google-like search experience we are now also encouraging our business users to search and catalog data by themselves.”
“Building a holistic data culture is an integral part of our business, and we are really excited about Alation 2020.3 because it’s more business-user friendly,” said Scott Drummond, Director, Enterprise Data Enablement and Governance, CNA Insurance. “The new search is very intuitive and its location at the front and center of the catalog quickly shows users where to go to find the information they need.”
“We’ve always believed that the trick to getting people to use data more regularly was reducing the barriers to getting to the data. The new user experience in Alation 2020 coupled with the insights provided by Alation Analytics makes enterprise data accessible and approachable to a significantly greater number of users, especially business users,” said Satyen Sangani, CEO and co-founder, Alation. “We are excited about Alation’s transition to a cloud-native architecture while still providing the flexibility for our customers to deploy in the cloud or on-premises.”
According to a recent study, The Alation State of Data Culture Report, 78% of enterprises have a corporate initiative to become more data-driven. As companies focus on building a data culture, they rely on Alation to create a foundation for successful search & discovery and data governance, making it possible for everyone in an organization — from data scientists, to business analysts, to business users– to think data-first. Alation 2020.3 creates a virtuous cycle of data use with its out-of-the-box visibility into usage and curation, and fosters collaboration for increasing trusted, data-driven decisions.
“The newest release from Alation builds upon its success in the data intelligence software market by introducing new innovations that expand its ability to provide deeper and more comprehensive understanding of data, adding more value for Alation prospects and across its existing customer base” said Stewart Bond, Research Director of IDC’s Data Integration and Intelligence Software Service. “The need for broader and deeper intelligence about data is in high demand, driven by the expanding diversity, distribution and dynamic nature of modern data environments, and the multiple roles and resources that are making decisions informed by data.”
Alation 2020.3 also delivers enhancements to lineage capabilities with more powerful APIs that allow for faster, easier integrations, new certified connectors including Looker and Power BI, and a new sandbox that simplifies upgrades and co-development with Alation.
Learn more about Alation 2020.3:
- Read our blog interview, Alation 2020.3: Discussing Customer-Centric Design with Colin Poindexter, Alation’s Product Design Lead
- Read our blog, Alation 2020.3: Getting Business Users in the Game
- Visit our website to see What’s New in Alation 2020.3
- Download the State of Data Culture Fall 2020 Report
Alation pioneered the data catalog market and today is leading its evolution into a platform for a broad range of data intelligence solutions including data search & discovery, data governance, data stewardship, analytics, and digital transformation. Thanks to its powerful Behavioral Analysis Engine, inbuilt collaboration capabilities, and open interfaces, Alation combines machine learning with human insight to successfully tackle even the most demanding challenges in data and metadata management. More than 200 enterprises drive data culture, improve decision making, and realize business outcomes with Alation including AbbVie, American Family Insurance, Cisco, Exelon, Finnair, MercadoLibre, Munich Re, New Balance, Pfizer, Scandinavian Airlines, and US Foods. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, Alation is backed by leading venture capitalists including Costanoa, Data Collective, Icon, Sapphire, and Salesforce Ventures. For more information, visit alation.com.